The tree of life embodies religious and mythologies in different cultures with its own symbolism. For some cultures, this is a sacred tree that symbolizes fertility, immortality, healing, and more. This is why so many people have chosen this design for their tattoos to represent their life and personality. If you are planning on getting one with this design, we have compiled hundreds of beautiful and meaningful tree of life tattoo ideas that you can choose from.
In the bible, the tree of life is found in the Garden of Eden with its fruits that provides eternal life. In many other cultures, it means positivity, a fresh start from a difficult situation, a bright future, and more.
The Book of Mormon says that it’s a tree that symbolizes salvation. In Christianity, it’s the source of eternal life and the love of God. However, in Chinese mythology, the tree of life, which portrays a dragon and a phoenix, symbolizes immortality.
The tree of life in Buddhism is called the Bodhi tree where the Buddha sat under when he achieved the Enlightenment. In Baha’i Faith, it is a symbol of spiritual empire, which is referred to the Manifestation of God with the tree of life planted in the paradise.
In Ancient Iran, the tree of life can relate to their rituals, cure, and life’s eternal gift to the human. For others, it means good health and diversity. It has been one of the famous tattoo designs that everyone would love to have due to its meaning and symbolism.
Getting a tattoo with a good design is extremely important as it will represent you as a person. If you are looking for one, a tree of life design is going to be a perfect ink that you can get now.
Tree of life tattoo ideas, meanings, and symbolism
- Tree of life tattoo ideas, meanings, and symbolism
- How to maintain your tattoo?
- To help you with that, we have some tips for you on how to maintain your tattoo with convenience.
- Be patient with your tattoo as soon as it starts to heal
- Best products to use on tattoo
- So, to keep your tattoo gorgeous and sharp over time, you should keep those products and guidelines in mind. These will help you guarantee a safe tattoo journey that you will be wearing for a lifetime.
- More tree of life tattoo ideas for your inspiration
- A few more tips on getting a tattoo
- You should ask questions as much as possible.
- With these tree of life tattoo ideas, you may have decided by now to consult with a tattoo artist about getting this design.
- The beauty and versatility of the tree of life tattoo
The tree of life has been one of the most popular tattoo designs because of its meaning and symbolism from many different cultures. It symbolizes hope, life, love, and knowledge regardless of what culture you have grown from.
If you are thinking about tattoo design, a tree of life would be a perfect one that you can get, especially when you are looking for meaningful design. For your convenience, we have some terminologies that you can refer to. These can be helpful in your search for a tree of life tattoo design.
- Abstract design
- Floral dot work geometric style
- Sketched tree of life design
- Birds in flight from the tree
- Blackwork space circle
- Blue watercolor style
- Full back building with the tree of life
- Encircled tree of life with birds flying
- Colorful style tree of life
- Heart with the tree of life
- Hand carrying the tree of life
- Geometric blackwork
- 3D style black and gray
- Mandala style
- Tribal tree
- Sun and Moon Mandala
- Skull tree
- Shaded tree with tribal effect
- Triangle tree
- Sunset tree of life
- Tribal butterfly on the tree of life
- Angel wings on a tree
- Dream catcher encircling the tree of life
- A small tree of life
How to maintain your tattoo?
Having a tattoo doesn’t just end as soon as your tattoo artist is done putting it on your skin. As a matter of fact, it doesn’t really end as the tattoo is going to be with you for a lifetime. It is definitely a lifetime commitment and not just a temporary one.
Your commitment starts when you have decided to get a tattoo, followed by the maintenance that you need to do to keep your tattoo healthy.
To help you with that, we have some tips for you on how to maintain your tattoo with convenience.
- Do what your tattoo artist says. Of all people that you need to listen to about your tattoo, your tattoo artist should be your top priority. He knows what he’s doing, which means that should listen to him. Most of the time, tattoo artists have printed leaflets ready to give out to their clients. You can keep this for your guidance.
- Wash your tattoo after a few hours. At least after three to six hours depending on the covering, you should wash your tattoo gently with mild antibacterial soap and clean water.
- Use fragrance-free ointments or cream. Normally, your tattoo artist will give you a complimentary ointment or cream for fast healing. But they can also recommend another good product that you can use for your tattoo. You can find these products in beauty shops in your area or look for them online.
- Do not soak in the water. Within a month after getting a tattoo, avoid taking baths or swimming. You can always take showers, but always keep your new tattoo clean and dry. Put some bandages recommended by your tattoo artist if your clothing will likely rub on your tattoo.
- Use sunscreen when you are exposed to the sun. All tattoos – colored tattoos especially are vulnerable to sunlight causing them to fade quickly. You will need to apply a good sunscreen before you go out if you need to.
Be patient with your tattoo as soon as it starts to heal
- Go with the flow with the healing process. Your tattoo’s healing process varies on its size. For the small ones, it might only take two weeks to completely heal. The large ones may take one to three months depending on how complicated the design is. Ensure that your tattoo is well-moisturized even after it has completely healed.
- Never scratch when it’s itchy. As soon as your tattoo is healed, it gets flaky or scabby and it will definitely itch. Do not scratch it or pick at it as it will naturally come off when it’s time. This is to avoid further irritation that can lead to infection.
- Be vigilant with infection symptoms. When your tattoo is still red around the design, keeps bleeding for days, and extremely itches, it could be infected. You should go back to your tattoo artist for medication and advise, or go straight to a dermatologist.
- Touch-ups are important if needed. Most tattoo artists offer a retouch for free to ensure that they retain a good reputation. When it’s needed, you should ask for a retouch at least after two months from the initial session.
Best products to use on tattoo
Regardless of the tattoo design that you may want to get, may it be an eagle tattoo, a dream catcher, or tribal, the aftercare is extremely important. The healing process is normal, especially the itching and scabbing, but it’s also important that you know how to maintain it.
Your time, efforts, and money have been spent on getting a new tattoo, so taking care of it is just right. Aftercare plays a vital role in keeping your new tattoo maintain its vibrancy for years. But getting the right product can sometimes confuse you, especially when there are so many options available in the market.
To help you with that, we have gathered some of the best tattoo aftercare products that you can lean on. So, if you have decided to get any of these tree of life tattoo ideas, you should keep these products in mind.
- Hustle Butter Deluxe
- Ora’s Amazing Herbal Tattoo Salve
- Brooklyn Grooming Old School Tattoo Balm
- CeraVe Healing Ointment
- Aveeno Sheer Hydration Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- EiR NYC Tattoo Balm
- Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment
- Vaseline Original Petroleum Jelly
- Benton Snail Bee High Content Lotion
- Skinfix Inked Tattoo Balm
- 3M Nexcare Tegaderm Transparent Dressing, 10-Count
- Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
You must take care of your tattoo – extra proper care if possible to ensure that it doesn’t get irritated or infected. Otherwise, the healing will take a long time with fading and scarring to add to the problem. You should keep these culprits at bay so that you don’t have to worry about anything.
So, to keep your tattoo gorgeous and sharp over time, you should keep those products and guidelines in mind. These will help you guarantee a safe tattoo journey that you will be wearing for a lifetime.
More tree of life tattoo ideas for your inspiration
Just like many other tattoo designs, the tree of life tattoo has been one of the most popular tattoo designs that never go out of style. A tattoo is not just a plain tattoo. It’s a piece of art that goes and stay with you forever. This is why you should take care of it even after it has completely healed for a smooth journey.
There are so many designs for the tree of life tattoo that you can get inspiration from. The placement doesn’t even matter as long as that part of your body can fit in and can handle the pain during the session. Tattoos bring a lot of meanings into our lives, which is the main reason why we have it.
If you have been planning on getting a tree of life tattoo, here are more of our collected designs that you can check out. We have meanings, symbolisms, placements, and more here. So, take your time checking out this list.
- Colored Celtic tree
- Side rib tree of life watercolor effect
- Tree of life with visible roots
- Black and gray Mandala tribal tree of life
- Girly design black ink
- Colored half-sleeved Celtic tree
- Tree of life brown and gray tattoo with quotes
- Religious black ink
- Black and red on the forearm
- Brown tree of life with couple name
- Tree of life with Mickey Mouse design
- Half-colored, half black ink tree
- Tree of life with hibiscus
- Circular tree of life with an arrow
- Artistic DNA tree
- Colorful geometric and watercolor effect
- Yin-yang tree of life
- Skull edges tree of life
- Chalice triangle tree of life
- Minimalist tree of life tattoo
- Painting effect tattoo
- Silhouette style
- Kokopelli tree of life
- Woman on tree
- Tree of life with musical notes
- Compass tree of life
- Tree of life with a lion
A few more tips on getting a tattoo
Getting your first tattoo gives you a lot of emotions to cope up with – excited, nervous, and happy. Excited because it would be your first tattoo. Nervous because you know that it’s painful in any way and happy because you will be presenting your new tattoo as your lifetime companion.
As a piece of art on your skin, it means that you should take care of it and it needs maintenance. First, because your skin is involved and it needs to be taken cared of. Lastly, your ink needs proper care to ensure that it doesn’t fade quickly and would still look fierce and sharp over time.
When getting a tattoo, never rush things. You must take your time and speak with your tattoo artist about the design that you want. Things can be different between you and your artist, but they can always adjust according to your taste and preferences.
Research well about the tattoo artist that you would want to work with. Check his works, his attitude towards his clients, which you can learn through word of mouth. Most importantly, you need to ensure proper hygiene because this will reflect how clean his works are.
You should ask questions as much as possible.
A good tattoo artist will answer all of your questions patiently. They know everything about tattoos and they should be able to answer with convenience.
Asking questions would also include the placement. You should consider this, especially when it’s your first time to get one. You may consider placing your first tattoo somewhere in your body that’s visible. Additionally, you should also consider the size. If you are brave enough, you can get the medium size. Otherwise, you can get a small tattoo for you to understand the pain at first.
You should also have enough budget to spend on your tattoo. Most tattoo artists don’t charge cheap. Tattoos are expensive too, especially when your artist is one of the most sought-after tattooists in your area. But of course, they will guarantee good quality work, health standards, and skills.
Additionally, you will have to be mentally prepared before getting a tattoo. When it’s your first time to get inked, you have to prepare your mind about the pain that it can bring. It may take four to seven days before the burning sensation subsides, but everything is worth it as soon as it’s done.
With these tree of life tattoo ideas, you may have decided by now to consult with a tattoo artist about getting this design.
You only have to bear in mind that these tips will definitely help you with your undertaking. Keeping your tattoo well-taken cared of is as important as the process itself.
Always wear comfortable clothes that won’t hurt your tattoo even if it has completely healed. You don’t want to see it fade quickly so you need to keep it comfortable as much as possible. Always use after ink products that are safe on your tattoo as well as on your skin. We have some great tattoo aftercare products on this page that you can check out for your tattoo’s safety.
Importantly, your tattoo’s story is going to be exciting and fun. Your friends and family (if they are open enough with these ideas), would be able to enjoy hearing your story about your tattoos. So, you need to have fun and relax with everything. It’s going to be a fun ride.
The beauty and versatility of the tree of life tattoo
Among the many tattoos with versatility, the tree of life design may be enough to bring you all the meanings and symbolisms you need. It may sound absurd, but tattoos are beyond gorgeous regardless of the design. But these beautiful tree of life tattoo ideas for men and women will definitely get you in the mood whether or not it’s your first time.
Since the meaning and symbol of the tree of life seemed to have included everything, many people have chosen this design for their tattoo. Appreciating life, love, and everything in between, those who get this design can prove that it’s worth the pain.
Most tattoo artists draw the tree of life first with the roots and branches interlocking with each other. This connotes endless growth and life’s journey. The capacity to love the life you have is necessary and this too can be presented through the tree of life.
The true meaning and satisfaction in life can always get more exciting when they’re expressed through tattoos. And the tree of life tattoo is one great way to feel its beauty and versatility. May it be a struggle from the past, moving on from a difficult situation, a lost love, or your life’s progressive growth, everything is perfect for a tree of life tattoo.
So, if you have been thinking about getting one, these ideas are the best designs that we have seen thus far. Check out more on this list as you embark your tattoo journey.
What do you think of these tree of life tattoo ideas? Tell us in the comments below!