A tattoo is not just a simple piece of art, it is part of you for a lifetime. Unlike any other piece of artwork, tattoos can’t just be removed anytime you want. It’s a permanent work of art that goes with you wherever you go.
There are tons of people out there planning to get an ink soon, and you must be one of them. But the search of the first-class designs is easier said than done. It’s pretty tedious and that’s understandable, but we are here to make things easy for you.
If you are looking for the best thigh tattoo designs, then this is the perfect place for you. We have compiled the top-quality designs that you can check for your planned tattoo.
- 1. Sunflowers and hibiscus Tattoo On Thigh
- 2. Patterned tiger
- 3. Eternal Flame
- 4. Brightly-colored flowers
- 5. Herman Thigh Tattoos
- 6. Mandala
- 7. Native Indian
- 8. Deer
- 9. Multi-colored flowers with birds
- 10. Tiger with a scarf
- 11. A cat wearing sunglasses
- 12. Leopard
- 13. A skull in a coak with a silhouette of a woman
- 14. Sugar skull with roses
- 15. Woman in black
- 16. Flowers and birds
- 17. Home sweet home
- 18. Colored flowers and leaves
- 19. Elephant
- 20. Koi fish
- 21. Black and white flowers
- 22. Multi-colored rose Tattoo On Thigh
- 23. Rose with a black accent
- 24. Side view of an elephant
- 25. Colorful butterflies
- 26. Skull with roses
- 27. Mischievous sprite
- 28. Pink roses with beads
- 29. Cats and rope
- 30. Feed the good
- 31. Dagger
- 32. American Indian
- 33. Flowers
- 34. Native American
- 35. Rose and butterfly
- 36. Tonight the foxes hunt the hounds
- 37. Disney Princesses
- 38. Red flowers
- 39. Snake
- 40. Outdoor lamp
- 41. Black work
- 42. Mermaid
- 43. Lion mask
- 44. Woman with an alien skull
- 45. Woman with violin
- 46. Grey wash of a mermaid
- 47. Grey and black
- 48. Fortune teller
- 49. Night sky
- 50. Anchor
- 51. Squid
- 52. Woman in ponytail
- 53. Wolves
- 54. Black cat
- 55. Mandala black work
- 56. Lion
- 57. Fox
- 58. Be good or be gone
- 59. Lion in Mandala
- 60. Black and white work
- 61. Hamsa
- 62. Human heart with flowers
- 63. Daring
- 64. Red and black work
- 65. Gemini
- 66. Multi-color work
- 67. Polar bear
- 68. Black and grey cat
- 69. Elephant Mandala
- 70. Dragon
- 71. Henri
- 72. Black lion
- 73. Pattern effect
- 74. Queen Bee
- 75. Justitia
- 76. Thug
- 77. Owl and sugar skull
- 78. Patterns and lines
- 79. White kitten
- 80. Moon Mandala
- 81. Man
- 82. Tentacles
- 83. Sugar skull
- 84. Mandala black work
- 85. Brown wash Mandala
- 86. Lion in shadow work
- 87. Rabbit
- 88. Armor
- 89. Wind up doll
- 90. Lion in Mandala with shadow work
- 91. Red flowers and a bird
- 92. Owl in black work
- 93. Colorful bear and elephant
- 94. Bird carrying colorful flowers
- 95. Baby Buddha
- 96. Sun and Moon
- 97. Texas and colorful flowers
- 98. Mermaid in black work
- 99. Methodical vs untamed
- 100. Boat and anchor
- 101. Cherry blossom tree
- 102. Full thigh tattoo
- 103. Horse and flowers
- 104. Black and white sugar skull with pink roses
- 105. Deer skull with flowers
- 106. Black anchor
- 107. Crab with sunflowers
- 108. Mirror, diamond, and flowers
- 109. Sailboat in a vase
- 110. Handshake
- 111. Sugar skull and quotes
- 112. Grey wash elephant accentuated with colored Mandala
- 113. Dreamcatchers
- 114. Mandalas
- 115. Whitewash flowers
- 116. Full thigh Mandala
- 117. Colorful mermaid
- 118. Full thigh and leg snake design
- 119. Dire wolf
- 120. Chinese symbol
- 121. Bluebirds
- 122. Ribbon
- 123. Own with a key
- 124. Rosemallows
- 125. Butterflies
- 126. Full thigh butterfly design
- 127. Quotes
- 128. Flowers in black work
- 129. Phrases
- 130. Fallen leaves
- 131. Meditation tattoo
- 132. Butterfly, skull, flowers, and portrait of a woman
- 133. Sailboats
- 134. Sailor and sugar skull
- 135. A woman thigh tattoo in black work
- 136. Deer, bird, and flowers in grey wash
- 137. Creepy designs
- 138. Dragonfly in Mandala
- 139. Colorful orchids
- 140. A woman in red roses
- 141. Brown wash octopus
- 142. Massive red rose
- 143. Red ribbon
- 144. Classic camera tattoo
- 145. Gramophone
- 146. Massive anchor
- 147. Owl with Mandala accent
- 148. Dreamer
- 149. Three-layer black and white roses
- 150. Fidem Habe
- 151. James
- 152. Tribal Mandala
- 153. Girl with snowflakes
- 154. Spots
- 155. Black and white roses
- 156. Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- 157. Horns, flower, and leaves
- 158. Muscles of the human thigh
- 159. Mermaids
- 160. Mandala in full black
- 161. Homebound
- 162. Red anchor
- 163. Bird, clock, and a pink rose
- 164. Persevere
- 165. Colorful Owl
- 166. Stunning Mandala
- 167. Cobra
- 168. Phrases
- 169. Portrait of women thigh tattoo
- 170. Koi fish in blue accent
- 171. Flowers accentuated with black leaves
- 172. Red ribbon with Mandala
- 173. Nightfall
- 174. Multi-colored birds
- 175. Geisha
- 176. Cute female thigh tattoo
- 177. Colorful thigh tattoo
- 178. Multi-colored elephant
- 179. Yellow-eyed owl
- 180. Owl with compass
- 181. Colorful Mandala and Om with lotus flower
- 182. Brown lion
- 183. Anchor with flowers
- 184. Black Butterfly
- 185. Grey wash anchor
- 186. Anchor with octopus
- 187. Anchor with purple rose and eagle
- 188. Anchors away
- 189. Tea for two; two for tea
- 190. Green butterfly
- 191. Orchids
- 192. Sunflowers with a watercolor accent
- Aftercare Instructions
1. Sunflowers and hibiscus Tattoo On Thigh
Pretty in yellow sunflowers and pink hibiscus. This tattoo design is large enough and very attractive in the thigh.
2. Patterned tiger
Patterns are amazing, but this is more unique as it’s being done on a tiger.
3. Eternal Flame
This design reminds me of the song by The Bangles with the following lyrics:
“Close your eyes, give me your hand. Do you feel my heart beating? Do you understand? Do you feel the same? Am I only dreaming? Or is this burning an eternal flame?”
4. Brightly-colored flowers
A combination of red, fuchsia pink, purple, light pink, royal blue, orange, and green colors makes this design flawless. Trust me, this is everything.
5. Herman Thigh Tattoos
If someone close to you has crossed the next life, and you want his name inked on your skin, this is a very good design that you can consider soon. There is a lot of work to be done, but your loved one deserves it.
The touch of red color in this Mandala design is just right for the thigh. It’s long and amazing with its endless dot work.
7. Native Indian
Are you crazy for your pet dog, and wants to paint his face on your skin? Try this American Indian-inspired design. It will take an all-day session, but it’s so pretty, and it’s worth it.
A faded black work on a deer is something that you can’t resist. The flowers and the bead works are incredible too.
9. Multi-colored flowers with birds
This is another wonderful color combination of flowers. And the addition of two colorful birds makes this design brilliant.
10. Tiger with a scarf
Have you ever seen a tiger wearing a scarf? Then this design will make your dream come true.
11. A cat wearing sunglasses
Here’s another cute design for the fur-parents. That cute kitten sporting her cool sunglasses is all we need now.
One of the species in the genus Panthera, the leopard is now endangered, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have one on your thigh. His fangs and eyes look so real.
13. A skull in a coak with a silhouette of a woman
A skull looking down on a woman is creepy enough. As always, creepy things always look good as tattoos. They always have this charm that only cool people understand.
14. Sugar skull with roses
If you want a cute skull tattoo, why not make it a sugar skull? They can go with any other designs like the blue roses. This design reminds me of the famous animated movie, “Coco.”
15. Woman in black
A woman design is very popular, but this work is even better. It shows the beauty of a woman even in full black ink. How the hair is done here is pretty remarkable.
16. Flowers and birds
Matching flowers with birds is brilliant.
17. Home sweet home
This is another tattoo inspiration for people that are based away from home. Truly, there is no place like home.
18. Colored flowers and leaves
Colorful designs are also popular, especially on flowers and leaves. You gotta love the pink and blue colors of these flowers.
A terrestrial large mammal called elephant has been one of the most in-demand designs. You can either go for a colored one or stick with plain black ink like this one.
20. Koi fish
The Japanese Carp is known for bringing luck to owners. That’s why many people love to have them inked. Also known as koi or nishikigoi, they always grace the outdoor fishponds. They are elegant, regal, and beautiful at the same time.
21. Black and white flowers
Flowers are not just pretty when they are colored, they also look pretty neat when they’re plain black and white. Plus, longer flower tattoos look sharper.
22. Multi-colored rose Tattoo On Thigh
If a single color for the beautiful rose isn’t enough, try these beautifully combined bright colors for a more vibrant work of art. This is one of my favorites in this list.
23. Rose with a black accent
This massive rose design is everything that anyone wants. It is massive, but it’s done cautiously to ensure its seamless and regal outcome. I’m in love with the shading work on the black accent. It’s huge and unbelievably beautiful!
24. Side view of an elephant
A more focused side view of this large, herbivorous mammal is another incredible tattoo inspiration. Its snout is innocently holding a flower is pretty cute.
25. Colorful butterflies
26. Skull with roses
With skull designs, you can do a lot of things on it. Whether it’s colored or black, or anything to match with it, it still looks great. With this design, flowers and leaves, as well as a few words will do just fine.
27. Mischievous sprite
A full thigh tattoo with this fiend takes a lot of time to work on. But I love his eyes and those long fangs. The shading is intricately done on this design.
28. Pink roses with beads
These two roses look like they were arranged in a mesh and bind using beads. They’re massive and definitely pretty!
29. Cats and rope
Cats are most people’s best friends. This design is certainly ideal to the fur-parents that love cats. The addition of a blue rose and a lavender flower makes them more adorable.
30. Feed the good
This tattoo represents the known pet food brand Pedigree’s global campaign, “Feed the good.”
This all black design is uniquely done in a flower.
32. American Indian
Here’s another Native Indian design – a woman this time. I love how her eyelashes were defined in this artwork. Her braids look natural too.
Another beautiful plain black flower design.
34. Native American
This one is another tattoo inspiration for those that are looking for historical designs. The Native Indians are the indigenous people of the United States.
35. Rose and butterfly
Beautifully colored with maroon and yellow-orange, the rose and the butterfly both look great being adorned with patterns. Lovely shading too.
36. Tonight the foxes hunt the hounds
“It’s all over now. Before it has begun. We’ve already won.”
Familiar? It’s part of the lyrics of the song titled “Young Volcanoes” by Fall Out Boy. How cute that orange fox is!
37. Disney Princesses
If you grew up watching the Disney Princesses, then this design is just the thing.
38. Red flowers
Three red flowers are simply the best. The outlined leaves were obviously intended to put emphasis on the beautiful flowers.
A snake tattoo design is also famous. This is surrounded by flowers in different bright colors and it’s pretty huge.
40. Outdoor lamp
An outdoor lamp design is out of the ordinary. This is another wonderful dot work.
41. Black work
A black work design of a woman also looks incredible. Her wavy hair looks so genuine too.
Mermaid designs are absolutely beautiful. Not just because they’re too girly and chic, but they are famous in folklore that originated in Greek mythology. It is alleged that they have abilities to foresee disaster including shipwrecks, and storms.
43. Lion mask
The shading work in this design was properly done. The lion’s feathers look authentic, not to mention the black worn on the flowers and leaves.
44. Woman with an alien skull
A portrait of a woman is also one of the infamous designs. This one though is more unique with the addition of an alien skull. Those red roses on her hair are a plus.
45. Woman with violin
For those that play the violin, this is one remarkable design is definitely perfect.
46. Grey wash of a mermaid
Mermaid designs are not only pretty with colors, they are also gorgeous in plain grey.
47. Grey and black
Here’s another design of roses, but washed in grey and black this time.
48. Fortune teller
This powerful design of a fortune teller speaks everything. The colors are certainly gorgeous.
49. Night sky
Are you ready for a colorful night sky with planets, stars, and UFO?
Anchors have been always the first choice of the seafarers. So if you’re one of them, this anchor design with rose and beads decorative is ideal for you.
If you are a friend of the sea creatures, then you may want to consider this design, which is uniquely matched with a rabbit-like creature.
52. Woman in ponytail
A grey wash work of a woman with her curly hair brushed up is another gorgeous design.
A mother wolf cradles her baby. Their brown color is stunning.
54. Black cat
This is another far-fetched cat tattoo design on a thigh. Her color is elegant, and those cute flowers and butterfly around her are beautiful beyond words.
55. Mandala black work
Most people that meditate usually use this design as this is a spiritual and ritual symbol that represents the universe.
A portrait of a sleeping lion would be another epic tattoo design. The accent of a Mandala is beautiful.
A beautifully colored fox surrounded by salt blue and lavender flowers is seamless.
58. Be good or be gone
Would you rather be good or be gone? These flowers colored in maroon, lavender, blue and yellow are simply marvelous.
59. Lion in Mandala
The king of the forest sporting a blue mask adorned with Mandala design is picture perfect.
60. Black and white work
This is another squid design but in black and white work this time.
A hamsa is an amulet shaped like a hand with three extended fingers in the middle. It is popular in the Middle East and North Africa symbolizing the hand of God. It is believed that it brings happiness, faith, luck, health, and good fortune.
62. Human heart with flowers
A human heart where flowers bloom speaks of kindness, love, and purity.
This is another design of a woman, but it’s more daring and very expressive.
64. Red and black work
Women are expressive. They always speak their minds, and if you’re one of them, try this tattoo design. It’s perfect on the thigh with its red and black colors.
If your Zodiac sign is Gemini, then this an ideal design for you. The third astrological sign, it is represented by the twins Castor and Pollux.
66. Multi-color work
Flowers are always gorgeous when they are brightly lit with different colors.
67. Polar bear
A wild polar bear is another exceptional tattoo design.
68. Black and grey cat
Cats are everyone’s friends, and if you love them, this might be the next design you may want to consider.
69. Elephant Mandala
Two elephants in Mandala design would be an interesting tattoo design.
This colorful dragon with colors of a peacock is extraordinary.
Names are also great either they’re inked alone, or accentuated with different designs.
72. Black lion
A black lion with a mix of blue and lavender flowers is everything.
73. Pattern effect
A lion tattoo is famous, but this pattern style is out of the ordinary.
74. Queen Bee
The queen bee is gracing this list. The dot work is amazing on this design.
A symbol of justice, Justitia, the Roman goddess is portrayed carrying two balancing scales. This is also one of the famous tattoo designs.
If you like a thug or gangster tattoo, this design is the thing.
77. Owl and sugar skull
A combination of an owl and a sugar skull tattoo is breathtaking. These two are too good to be true.
78. Patterns and lines
79. White kitten
This cute kitten is everything that I want for a tattoo. She is absolutely adorable.
80. Moon Mandala
This is one of the best Mandala designs and it’s definitely pretty.
A man with his face designed as a landscape is out of the ordinary. And he has tattoos too!
Whether it’s from an octopus or squid, tentacles are unique for a tattoo design.
83. Sugar skull
Colorful sugar skulls are just too cute.
84. Mandala black work
85. Brown wash Mandala
This is a pretty long Mandala artwork, but it’s gleaming and exceptional.
86. Lion in shadow work
That cute hat of the rabbit is way too cool.
“May I never be perfect.”
89. Wind up doll
Are you a fan of wind up dolls or a person that can relate to them? Try this design. It’s cute!
90. Lion in Mandala with shadow work
91. Red flowers and a bird
This is a very chic and regal tattoo design. The combination of black and red makes it elegant.
92. Owl in black work
93. Colorful bear and elephant
94. Bird carrying colorful flowers
95. Baby Buddha
A baby Buddha with an elephant’s nose is extraordinary. The colors are amazing and the design is painstakingly done in the most creative way.
96. Sun and Moon
“Sometimes, I think of Sun and Moon as lovers who rarely meet, always chasing, and almost always missing one another… But once in a while they do catch up, they kiss, and the world stares in awe of their eclipse.”
97. Texas and colorful flowers
98. Mermaid in black work
This is another beautiful mermaid tattoo in black work.
99. Methodical vs untamed
100. Boat and anchor
This is the perfect tattoo design for all the seafarers out there. The colors are beautifully done.
101. Cherry blossom tree
102. Full thigh tattoo
Red and black ink is always regal.
103. Horse and flowers
104. Black and white sugar skull with pink roses
105. Deer skull with flowers
106. Black anchor
107. Crab with sunflowers
108. Mirror, diamond, and flowers
109. Sailboat in a vase
111. Sugar skull and quotes
112. Grey wash elephant accentuated with colored Mandala
This is a massive design so it’s important that you know how to take care of your tattoo. But before getting one, ensure that you inform your tattoo artist if you have medications like painkillers or antidepressants. If you also have other health conditions, you’ll need to see your doctor to get a clearance that you’re fine to get inked. Don’t drink alcohol 24 hours before your scheduled session because it can thin your blood, which means that your ink will get hurt even more.
115. Whitewash flowers
116. Full thigh Mandala
117. Colorful mermaid
118. Full thigh and leg snake design
119. Dire wolf
120. Chinese symbol
123. Own with a key
126. Full thigh butterfly design
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you truly are.” – E.E. Cummings
128. Flowers in black work
130. Fallen leaves
131. Meditation tattoo
132. Butterfly, skull, flowers, and portrait of a woman
134. Sailor and sugar skull
135. A woman thigh tattoo in black work
136. Deer, bird, and flowers in grey wash
137. Creepy designs
138. Dragonfly in Mandala
139. Colorful orchids
140. A woman in red roses
141. Brown wash octopus
142. Massive red rose
143. Red ribbon
144. Classic camera tattoo
146. Massive anchor
147. Owl with Mandala accent
149. Three-layer black and white roses
150. Fidem Habe
Fidem Habe is a Latin phrase meaning “Keep the faith.”
152. Tribal Mandala
153. Girl with snowflakes
155. Black and white roses
156. Mickey and Minnie Mouse
157. Horns, flower, and leaves
158. Muscles of the human thigh
This is another cute thigh tattoo perfect for girls. Those colorful mermaids are gorgeous!
160. Mandala in full black
For the seafarers or those that are based outside their hometowns, this is another simple, but stylish thigh tattoo inspiration.
162. Red anchor
163. Bird, clock, and a pink rose
165. Colorful Owl
166. Stunning Mandala
169. Portrait of women thigh tattoo
170. Koi fish in blue accent
This is another classy thigh tattoo that’s perfect for men and women.
171. Flowers accentuated with black leaves
172. Red ribbon with Mandala
174. Multi-colored birds
176. Cute female thigh tattoo
177. Colorful thigh tattoo
178. Multi-colored elephant
179. Yellow-eyed owl
180. Owl with compass
181. Colorful Mandala and Om with lotus flower
Amazing work of art arranged together for a regal thigh tattoo.
182. Brown lion
183. Anchor with flowers
184. Black Butterfly
185. Grey wash anchor
186. Anchor with octopus
187. Anchor with purple rose and eagle
188. Anchors away
189. Tea for two; two for tea
190. Green butterfly
For only $50, you can have the same design. This is perfectly done by a female tattoo artist, Roxanne.
192. Sunflowers with a watercolor accent
- Always wash your hands prior to touching your tattoo. Dirty hands can spread infection.
- 3 to 6 hours after receiving your tattoo, remove the bandage and gently wash the tattoo with soap and water. This will remove ointment, excess color and white blood cells.
- Dry your tattoo by blotting it with a dry, clean, lint-free paper towel. Do not rub your tattoo.
- Use ointment for the next 3 days, approximately 3 times a day. Gently apply enough ointment to keep the tattoo from getting dry. Apply a thin film, but do not drown the tattoo in ointment or lotion. Soggy is not good. Listen to your body.
- After performing the above care for three days, switch to using a fragrance/dye-free lotion.
- Keep your tattoo out of direct sunlight and away from tanning booths for 10 to 14 days. Use sunscreen of at least SPF 30 after it has healed.
- Your tattoo may scab, flake. or peel. This is natural. Do not pick at the scab. This may remove ink and damage your tattoo. Sometimes the skin flakes that come off are the same color as your tattoo. This does not mean your tattoo is “falling out.” If you have any questions please call your artist.
- If you think you are allergic to the tattoo or the aftercare products, or believe that you have an infection, please contact your doctor. Discontinue use of the aftercare product if you think you are having a reaction to it.