Women are just as likely to get amazing tattoos these days as men are. It’s no longer frowned upon to get a tattoo as it once was. When it comes to choosing a tattoo most women will choose one that best suits a certain part of her body.
For the modern girl, getting a tattoo is just another accessory like buying a new pair of earrings or a purse. The only difference is the accessory is permanent. Women believe that tattoos not only enhance their beauty but give them a boost of confidence they may not have felt before. For example, there are some breasts cancer survivors who will get a tattoo where their breasts used to be to boost their confidence.
Sometimes women will use a tattoo as a means of hiding a scar or a body imperfection. Other times they get a tattoo to add something beautiful to their bodies.
Generally, women will gravitate towards a certain type of tattoo, something cute or floral and other times women will choose a badass extreme tattoo. It’s all dependent on the type of woman and what her personality is.
Women usually tattoo an area of the body that is exposed a lot like a lower back or shoulder tattoo. Women like to show off their tattoos every chance they get. It’s rare that a woman will get a tattoo just to hide it from people. It’s no different for men either.
There are many different types of tattoos that you can get, it’s just important to remember that whatever tattoo you choose will be on your body for the rest of your life. It’s important to choose something that you aren’t going to be sick of in a few years. Tattoo removal or covering up does not come cheap. Value the tattoo that you choose and make sure that it’s something you are always going to love. A good suggestion is to carry around an image of your tattoo for awhile, if after a few months you haven’t changed your mind then you can consider getting it put on your body.
If a lower back tattoo is what you are looking for then there are many different types, you can choose from. Depending on the tone of skin you have can affect your tattoo as well. You need to decided how big of a tattoo that you want and how much of the back you want covered.
Below are 70 of the best and sexiest lower back tattoos to choose from:
- Getting a personal symbol on your lower back, allows you to have a personal tattoo that wouldn’t necessarily mean anything to anyone else. It’s a bigger tattoo that takes up a lot of space on the back.
2. This is a rather large tattoo so you have to be really okay with it covering most of your lower back. This is another tattoo that is symbolic to the owner.
3. This tattoo is more off to the side, it’s not centred at all which you may like better. It’s a little cherub angel, that can be really adorable.
Cute Tattoo On Back
4. This is a simple design that also doesn’t take up a lot of room on the lower back either. It’s sexy and simple so you don’t have worry about long term regret.
5. This is a gorgeous peacock tattoo. It’s colorful and beautiful it takes up on whole side of the back so it’s rather large, as long as you’re okay with that size.
6. A lower back tattoo that looks like a native kite or bug, it’s a hard to tell. But it’s colorful and it doesn’t take up a lot of space on your back either.
7. If a butterfly is what you are looking for then this is the tattoo for you. It’s a pretty color and it’s fairly small as well. This tattoo just sits off to the side, something that peeks just outside of the jeans.
8. A gorgeous black and white sparrow that seems to fly right out of the girls jeans. It’s delicate and elegant and the positioning off to the side is perfect. It’s a great addition for a black and white choice.
9. Another butterfly choice, this one is more centred tattoo and it’s small enough to just sit elegantly on the back.
10. This heart symbol with fire is a very unique choice for a lower back tattoo. It’s colorful and original and sits comfortably on the back, big enough to be noticed.
11. A floral tattoo is a great addition to the lower back. this one follows the curves of the back in an elegant way. he follows it back up to the shoulder to complement the look completely. Black and white makes the tattoo even more elegant.
# Beautiful Flower Back Tattoo
12. A side sparrow amongst some flowers is unique and quite adorable. It’s off to the side to give a seductive look that is almost a tease.
13. This is a unique and quite remarkable tattoo. I enjoy the red coloring very much, there is something vintage about it. The originality is so remarkable that you can’t help but look at it and stare. It’s eye-catching and it covers most of the lower back.
14. A dragonfly tattoo is very popular, many women get them. This one is so great because it’s colorful and vibrant. It’s rather large and one-sided but very beautiful indeed.
15. I really like this butterfly tattoo. It’s rather large though taking up most of the space in the lower back. The symbol is creative and the color intense creating a wonderful design.
16. This is a incredible back tattoo that gives the impression of a corset. It gives a sensual almost burlesque look to a lower back tattoo giving you something very different indeed.
17. A simple star. This one is in the middle and small enough that you don’t have to stress about a large tattoo. It can be presented or it can be easily hidden, the choice is yours.
18. I love this tattoo. I wish I could see the entire thing, I have to assume that it’s some form of inspirational quote with a feather tip pen at the end. It’s definitely a personal message that means something to the owner. It’s elegant and unique, quite charming.
19. A pink anchor on the lower back. It’s rather large, so make sure you want to commit to it. The pink is an unusual color to put all over the tattoo but it’s also charming. If you are looking for something nautical this might be just the thing.
20. This cool tattoo has a couple of guns slipped into the pants as if they were real. It’s a cool design that wouldn’t go out of style. If you want something to reflect your badass personality go for this one.
21. A large tattoo but beautiful nonetheless. It’s a new take on a fairy or an angel. The red goes well with the black, give a nice contrast.
22. It’s hard to describe what design this is but it’s stunning. The line are thin and wavy and just follow the curves of her body in a sexy way. If you want something simple yet sensual, then this is the tattoo for you.
23. Another floral tattoo. this one brings style and color together. It resides in the middle of the back not leaving much room anywhere else.
24. Another gun show tattoo with a personal inscription this time. It’s unique and quite detailed. This tattoo would look better as a black and white tattoo.
25. This is a very large back tattoo so make sure you are committed to one of that size. It not only goes on the lower back but the buttocks as well. It’s quite vibrant with many different colors.
26. This is another dragonfly tattoo, this one a little more subdued The colors are pastel and soft with a touch of sparkle to them. It’s small and really complements the lower back.
27. A large butterfly tattoo, this one is a little more unusual then the rest It’s not a standard butterfly but something a little different. The lines of the butterfly are thin and it’s reminiscent of a native tattoo.
28. This cute little bow is something for someone that doesn’t need a big dramatic tattoo. It’s simple and eye-catching and can speak about someone’s personality. I like that she kept it in black and white.
29. A rose surrounded by some black designs. It takes up most of the lower back so make sure you really like the design and can live with it.
30. A very unique tattoo that includes stars. It’s very big so you want to make sure it’s what you really want. It would be very difficult to cover up a tattoo of this size easily.
31. Obviously butterfly tattoos are very popular. This one is medium and off to the side. It’s simple and pretty for someone who isn’t looking for a complicated tattoo.
32. Dolphins are another popular tattoo choice. This one is quite small and could be placed anywhere on the lower back. It’s sweet and colorful.
33. This is an unusual butterfly design, you almost don’t realize it’s a butterfly at first. The colors all go well together.
34. This floral tattoo is quite large and trails from the lower back along the ribcage. These tattoos tend to be quite painful because of their placement. The colors really make the flowers pop.
35. Another dragonfly and this one is quite dainty and sweet. Black and white allows it to stay simple while the design keeps it elegant.
36. This is a personal inscription with some angel wings. It crosses the lower back with a simple design.
37. These foxes are quite clever looking tattoos. One is an angel and the other a devil. If you want something unique you might enjoy these cute foxes.
38. A rather large tattoo, this one appears to be some form of tribal tattoo.
39. This floral design had bright colors that seem to pop right off the skin. The tattoo itself is rather large but it’s a nice design.
40. Another large floral design that starts at the lower back and trails up midway. It’s bright and imaginative.
41. This unusual design almost looks like it’s embossed, as it appears as if it’s raised from the skin. The black and white gives it elegance.
42. This cross design is another tattoo that looks better in black and white. It’s larger and sits in the middle for a understated look.
43. A bold floral look that takes up a large part of the lower back. I do enjoy the bright pink that makes the flowers pop.
44. This floral design takes up all of the lower back and then continues to go higher. The bold colors really bring out the flowers. The green and red together are a great combination.
45. A simple butterfly dashed in purple. This sweet symbol is perfect for someone who wants something small and pretty.
46. A heart in the middle of the lower back is a great tattoo especially if it’s your first one. The pink and black also go well together.
47. Another sparrow on the side of the lower back. It’s another tattoo that is easily hidden or could be shown off.
48. This unusual design takes up the middle of the back. the lines on this one are thin and delicate. There is only a splash of color amongst the black and white tattoo.
49. An unusual combination of flowers and a gun but this lower back tattoo seems to have a little hard and soft mixed together.
50. If you are a “Daddy’s Girl” you might enjoy this statement piece with a design attached to it. The simple black and white tattoo could have a special meaning for you as well.
51. Yet another butterfly tattoo, this one a blue and black variety. The combination of the blue butterfly with all the black design work makes for a really pretty design.
52. Chinese lettering is still a very popular choice for a tattoo. This one trails up the spine.
53. This tattoo is quite unique. It looks like the ocean waves but in golds and reds. It’s very vibrant and different. It’s quite a large tattoo as you need addition space for the waves.
54. Another corset this one much larger and in a shade of purple. The criss-cross shape is very reminiscent of the burlesque corsets.
55. An up close view of number 13. This is a unique and quite remarkable tattoo. I enjoy the red coloring very much, there is something vintage about it. The originality is so remarkable that you can’t help but look at it and stare. It’s eye-catching and it covers most of the lower back.
56. Another unique looking butterfly design. this black and white look is very elegant if you are looking for a simple design.
57. A cross design that is small and pretty. This is a no-nonsense sort of tattoo. There are small bits of color that make the rest of it pop.
58. If you love fairies you will love this black and white design. The fairies are fluttering around from the bottom to the top of the back. There are also tiny butterflies amongst the fairies.
59. A fairy sitting on the moon with a personalized name attached to it. The name could signify the owner herself or someone that she is close to.
60. Everyone loves Tinkerbell. It’s actually one of the more popular designs for women to tattoo on their body.
61. Yet another butterfly. Like I said before they are a popular choice for tattoos. This one has the main butterfly in the middle with tiny ones around it. It’s pretty and delicate.
62. Two smoking guns. This is a rather large black and white tattoo that is done in fantastic detail. If you like this one with a smoking heart then try it on for size.
63. A unicorn with hair strands falling on top of a butterfly. it’s all in black and white except for the butterfly. It’s an unusual tattoo and takes up a lot of room.
64. This black and white floral tattoo takes up a lot of space but it’s quite a nice detailed piece. If you are looking for a flower and don’t mind the size then this one is for you.
65. This is the smallest floral tattoo that we have seen yet. It’s precious and delicate and exactly the tattoo for someone who wants a small simple look.
66. Another dragonfly tattoo centred in the middle of her back. It’s a simple black and white design.
67. This design includes the sun. It’s a large black and white tattoo centred in the middle.
68. A very large floral tattoo that takes up most of the lower back. the bright colors bring it together.
69. This stunning eagle in flight tattoo takes up most of the back and the buttocks area. It’s a highly detailed black and white design that is just breathtaking to look at. it’s the kind of tattoo that would have people marvelling at it all night.
70. This black and white flower is stunning but elegant.