Some of the most beautiful tattoos in the world are Jesus tattoos. They are tattoos that have depth and passion to them and Christians are finding amazing ways to show their love for Him in the form of ink. There are so many different variations to this type of tattoo and the sky is the limit for what you can do. Men and women who follow Christ are creating tattoos that are not only breathtaking but moving to the people who see them.
A lot of men and women want their personal beliefs on their bodies as reminders of the things that they value. They are increasingly popular and seem to be even more popular as the industry itself grows.
There was a time in our history when tattoos were looked down upon and thankfully that has changed for the most part in today’s society. Now, people seem to be embracing tattoos more than ever.
You may think that there is only one reason to get a Christ tattoo but that’s not necessarily the case. There are many different ways that you can represent Jesus Christ with a tattoo. The profile, of course, is the most popular way but it’s not the only way. Some tattoos have Him giving a blessing, while others have halos and these tattoos represent a reminder of his suffering. These include images of Him with a crown of thorns. The crucifixion is also a popular tattoo that people are getting because people want to remember what He sacrificed for them.
You can choose a likeness tattoo of Jesus Christ, but that’s not the only way. You can use quotes from the bible to create something unique and personal for yourself. Proverbs from the Bible are often used for inspiration or guidance for life.
These are all great ways of connecting to God and appreciating all that He has done.
We have plenty of options available here for you to choose from.
Check out these Inspiration Jesus Tattoos That Will Have You Believing All Over Again:
One of the most popular tattoo designs out there is the face of Jesus.
The Robe of Jesus
People love the physical entity of Jesus and seeing him in his robe takes them back to a different time.
Crown of Thorns
The sacrifice of Jesus comes in the form of the crown of thorns that he wore. This type of tattoo reminds everyone of what Jesus gave up for them.
Some of these tattoos of Jesus come in many forms but this one is quite detailed and original. There are so many beautiful ones to choose from.
This detailed tattoo has a lot of emotion in it. You can see the pain in His face and it makes you realize just how important the sacrifice is for everyone.
Not all tattoos need to be detailed and large. This one is more cartoon than anything and has bright colors.
This is a simple black tattoo that isn’t large or detailed but it has the same crown of thorns. People get these tattoos because it reminds them of the sacrifice.
The cross is another very popular tattoo choice. People use these types of tattoos as reminders, not only of what they believe but why they believe.
Tattoos With Initials
This is another cross tattoo, a little more detail than the last one but in this case, there are also initials on the tattoo.
Tips About After Care of Tattoo
Now that you’ve got the stunning Jesus tattoo that you were looking for, you want to make sure that your tattoo stays in good condition for the rest of your life. That’s not always easy and many people have caused damage to the tattoos they have because they didn’t take care of it properly. You might think that the process of getting a tattoo is the most important part but it’s not, the aftercare is. Your tattoo artist will provide you with aftercare instructions and it’s always best to follow those. But we are going to give you some great tips that will help you to keep your tattoo in great condition.
How To Take Care of Your New Tattoo
- Leave The Bandage On – Not all tattoo artists will bandage the tattoo but if they do, leave it on until the artist tells you to take it off. It can be annoying and sometimes uncomfortable to keep the bandage on but it’s the best thing for your tattoo. Some artists may tell you to keep a bandage on for over 24 hrs while others will say to keep it on for just an hour. It really depends on the kind of tattoo you received and whether a lot of swelling occurred on the tattoo. If you had a 6-hour long tattoo, then chances are you will have to keep the wrap on for 24 hours. Your artist knows best so follow their advice as best you can.
- Wash The Tattoo – After you remove the bandage, you will need to wash your tattoo. You want to wash it thoroughly but also very carefully. This is not the time to be aggressively washing the area. There may be blood and plasma left over from the procedure and it’s best to use unscented, alcohol-free soap.
- Pat The Tattoo Dry – Again, any rubbing of the tattoo is going to do more harm than good. After you have cleaned the tattoo, just pat it dry. You can use a clean paper towel or even a towel as long as there is no rubbing involved.
- Apply Lotion – You want to apply a thin layer of lotion on the tattoo. Leaving your tattoo to dry out will not be good for it. You want to make sure that the area is dry before you add lotion. This is going to keep your tattoo from drying out and will keep it moisturized.
- Repeat The Process – This isn’t something that you just do once. The idea is to keep repeating these steps until your tattoo has completely healed. It’s the best thing that you can do to make sure your tattoo lasts a long time. It’s going to go through a scabbing and peeling faze which means you have to be extra careful to continue moisturizing it. It can easily get infected with bacteria and germs during this time which is why it’s important to keep the area clean and dry. The tattoo should be washed until it’s healed and that can be between 2-4 weeks.
- Don’t Pick At Scabs – It can be tempting to pick at the scabs as they peel away but you can actually cause damage to your tattoo by picking at it. It can also delay the healing process, increase the chance of infection or even cause fading from your tattoo.
- Stay Out of The Sun – You really want to make sure that you stay out of the sun with a fresh tattoo. The sun is a danger to your tattoo before it’s fully healed. You need to keep the tattoo out of direct sunlight and make sure you apply sunscreen to the area when you are outside. There is even sunscreen made specifically for tattoos that you can use.
- Stay Out Of Water – Yes, you need to keep your tattoo clean but this is not the time to have one of your favorite long, hot baths. It’s not good to keep a tattoo waterlogged for long periods. It’s also not good to go to pools or lakes during this time. Bodies of water, including pools, can contain bacteria and damage your tattoo. It’s best to stick to showers and short ones until your tattoo is healed.
- Continue After Care – You must always look after your tattoo, you never want to be lax in your care of the tattoo. Even after the tattoo has been healed, you want to do your best to keep it out of the sun and always apply sunscreen. Moisturizing your skin is the best way to have healthy skin and a healthy tattoo.
The detail and color involved in these tattoos are truly amazing. We love the detail and the image of the blood going down his face is very unique. Anyone with this tattoo recognizes the sacrifice of Jesus and what he gave to his people. It’s a one of a kind tattoo.
This magnificent work of art is a sleeve design and you can see how it goes all the way around the arm. We see the cross that held Jesus Christ during his sacrifice as well as Jesus Himself. There are even men hanging in the distance which certainly gives us a lot to think about.
We hope that you have enjoyed the article and found a Jesus tattoo that is truly fitting of your personality as well as speaks to what you believe in. There are many choices here and we would love to know which tattoos are your favorite, so comment below.