These days’ tattoos are growing in popularity, it’s as if more people have them then don’t at this point. People want to be able to put a statement about their lives and these usually use their bodies as a canvas to do so. It’s a style choice for most people, nothing different from adding an accessory to an outfit. It’s not only reflects their style but their personality as well.
People are drifting towards more non-traditional tattoos then ever before. People are becoming choosier about what they want on their bodies. One tattoo that is gaining popularity lately is the geometry tattoo. It’s a unique look that catches one’s eye immediately. You can get them in virtually hundreds of different styles. You may not realize it but geometry tattoos hold symbolic significance. It’s not just any tattoo that looks cool, there’s a reason why people choose them. For those that don’t know geometry is all about perfection and symmetry working together through science. It’s bringing harmony and balance together to form incredible things. These are the sorts of things that geometry tattoos depict.
Geometry Tattoo Designs
If getting a geometry tattoo is what you really want, then make sure you have a talented tattoo artist. It’s not your every day tattoo and there’s a certain degree of perfection that is needed to complete a geometric tattoo because it is put together using lines and dots. If there is even the smallest deviation to the element of lines and dots the whole design could be affected and that’s not what you want when it’s permanent. When it comes to a geometry tattoo you want it to look perfect so be sure about not only the artist but the design you choose as well.
Another determining factor on how your tattoo will look is how thick or thin the lines are in the tattoo. There are many different ways of doing that tattoo depending on whether you are looking for a bold look or not. For those who want something bold and vibrant can choose from a range of colors and even consider getting a 3D design.
There are tattoos you can do for fun but there are also geometry tattoos that are considered sacred and they are also gaining in popularity. These geometry tattoos are completely symmetrical and use many geometrical shapes like squares, triangles and circles. They mingle them together to create incredible designs. Some such tattoos are called Flower of Life designs or Gordian Knots.
The Symbolic Significance of a Geometry Tattoo
The sacred geometry tattoos not only have symbolic meaning behind them but they are considered to be sacred. Not only are they great to look at but they have cool meanings. For people who choose geometry tattoos they are usually doing it because of some symbolic significance. It’s not just about the look, though that tattoos are great to look at, but more for the meaning behind it.
The shapes that are chosen in each design mean something different. The tetrahedron always represents fire while a cube will represent the earth. If you choose designs that have icosahedron’s that signifies your water while octahedron’s represent the air you breath. Your spirit always comes in the shape of an dodecahedron. Many people believe that if you have these symbols tattooed over your body that they will bring health and healing to your body. The symbols balance things out bringing perfect harmony to your body. No surprise then that these types of tattoos have been used like amulets to the body. People believe that geometric tattoos have magical qualities to them that can be used to heal. By putting it on the body you are becoming closer to the spirituality that you are looking for. These ideas have been brought into contemporary times and are becoming an interest for a lot of people.
The Most Common Types of Geometric Tattoos.
In order to have a truly happy and fulfilling life you need to learn how to balance the harmony in your life. That’s always been the pursuit fro many people since the beginning of time. People choose geometric tattoos because it’s part of bringing that balance together. Symmetry in life is so important and you can represent that with a geometry tattoo.
Below are 72 of the most amazing geometry tattoos out there:
- With this tattoo you can see all the different elements that bring it together to present one grand design. These tattoos have a meaning behind them that brings spirituality and harmony together.
2. Talk about a unique design that brings in a deer incorporated with a circle and a triangle. It’s a great black and white piece. If you pay attention to the designs you can see they were implemented with perfection.
3. Here we have a series of triangle brought together to make their own design.
4. This incredible design is that of a deer but the best part if the deer is that it is made up of all these geometry shapes. If you want to have an animal in your design this is a great way to do it.
5. These cube-like symbols fall in line with one another but what i love most about this design is the color. If you want something outside of the box, use vibrant colors in your design.
6. The symbol of light and dark. This is a very simple design for someone who isn’t looking for a big tattoo. It’s tiny enough to fit on the wrist and one is black while the other is just an outline.
7. The deer is very popular when it comes to geometry shapes. This deer has a lot more detail to it and it incorporates lines as well as triangles to the overall look.
8. An usual design made in red instead of the traditional black and white This design incorporates a lot of shapes together to create symmetry.
9. The shell is a simple design but there is so much more behind it. This is too a geometry shape just one that is less complicated in nature. If you want a small tattoo then this could be a good look for you.
10. If nature is something that you take great joy it then you are sure to love this tattoo design. It holds perfect symmetry while giving you a unique look that incorporates things from nature such as leaves and flowers.
11. Another shell, as I said before they are a very popular design. This one is much larger then the last and has a lot more detail to it. The delivery of this tattoo is perfect in design, you don’t see a flaw in it.
12. This unique star holds many different symbols inside of it. It could also be seen as a flower, either way it’s a great tattoo for a woman.
13. Another flower design this one holding a lot more detail to it. There are layers upon layers in this tattoo and if you look closely you can’t find a flaw in it at all.
14. If you are looking for an incredible geometry design this may be the one for you. It’s stunning in all it’s detail and there is so much symbolic references to it that’s it’s hard to keep up. I just love the detail that is involved in such a tattoo and the owl is a great addition to the design itself.
15. Another owl done in a bright black and white. This tattoo is all about detail and it’s exquisite. You can’t get a better design and the delivery is breathtaking.
16. A ying and yang tattoo has always been about spirituality and harmony. This one is a little scratchier in design but it almost looks like it was painted on which gives it a unique look.
17. This is a stunning geometry tattoo that brings lines together with a circle and a triangle. The color is very complementary to the design as well.
18. Another animal tattoo using geometry shapes. This one is a lion and it is built off of the shapes. This particular tattoo uses very thin lines for a less dramatic look.
19. Geometric Tattoos With Meaning
The deer pops up once again with this very elongated tattoo. A lot of shapes came together to create such a wonderful design.
20. If you are looking for a sleeve tattoo then why not consider the geometry shape version of it. Throughout different areas of the arms there is a separate yet completely harmonious design that complements the one before it. There is so much detail to this tattoo that you can’t help but want to investigate it. There isn’t even any need for color in this tattoo though you could certainly make it pop with some vibrant colors.
21. The moth is brought balance and meaning based off of the many designs around it. There are circles and triangles and dots that flow so well together that it’s hard to believe it’s a tattoo.
22. The symbol of the earth is a popular one for spiritual people. The circle is created perfectly, without flaw.
23. This is a geometry shape that almost looks like a puzzle and could very well be. The triangle is the main focal point with the other shapes falling in and around it. It almost looks like an iceberg collapsing.
24. I love all the color in this particular tattoo. That coupled with the 3D effect really draws the eye to this tattoo. triangles make up a star pattern that just jumps off the arm. It’s an amazing design overall.
25. Circles, squares, lines, you name it and it’s in this design. It take up the whole forearm with a design that is not only appealing but colorful as well.
26. This geometry designs takes up the entire chest so you want to make sure you’re ready for such a commitment. There are so many shapes and symbols but they all flow together in perfect harmony. Each design complements the other perfectly.
27. This cute tattoo is a perfect design for a woman who doesn’t want something large. A horse this time built to perfection with the use of shapes.
28. The tree of life standing suspended amongst various shapes. This tattoo is one of the scared ones that holds meaning. It’s all about the balance of nature and living in perfect harmony with it.
29. What a great but simple tattoo. This geometry tattoo is in the shape of a bunny. It’s perfect in creation using thin lines.
30. The triangles joined together, this is too a symbolic tattoo. It’s simple and small for someone who wants to have something subtle in design.
31. What an incredible design, I can’t say enough good things about this cool wolf tattoo. You get the best of both worlds with the depiction of the real wolf on one side and the geometry shaping of the animal on the other. i love how the two are joined together. The detail on the real wolf side is perfect. If you want a unique look this is the one for you.
32. A chest tattoo that is truly a unique one. This one resembles a puzzle.
33. A stunning bear tattoo made out of shapes. This one is full of color and just jumps off the body. It’s unique in design and the color is an added treat.
34. A great tattoo for a sleeve. There are many different designs her that come together to make a larger one.
36. This is one of the best tattoos I’ve ever seen. If you are looking for something different that will surely be eye-catching then this is the tattoo for you. It’s a full body tattoo that uses symmetrical lines to create a harmonious design.
37. The all seeing eye combined with a lot of great designs. This tattoo is all about symbolism.
38. There is so much detail to this tattoo that it’s breathtaking. The design flows well together and there is a lot to catch the eye with.
39. These splashes of red are eye catching alone even without the design. The designs themselves are intricate and elegant. They are beautifully made and are the epitome of perfection.
40. A triangle is used as the focal point with the other shapes forming inside of it.
41. Another wolf design, this one made entirely of shapes. It holds a different look then most of them, even though the lines are thin the shading really thickens the tattoo making it appear 3D.
42. Talk about puzzle designs, this one is truly a formula all it’s own. There is exquisite madness to the whole design and the color makes everything pop.
43. This head tattoo has a lot of detail to it. I love how nothing is out of place, everything moves together and nothing is out of place.
44. One triangle on the ankle. A great tattoo for someone who wants to keep it simple.
45. There is a lot going on with this tattoo. There is the combination of man and moth with a ton of different shapes and designs. It’s beautiful work.
46. This almost looks similar to the symbolic necklaces and headdresses that are worn during ceremonies. It’s a beautiful tattoo with a lot of detail.
47. A simple tattoo using thin lines to bring together a great design.
48. This is an unusual look but a great design. A man’s face partially blacked out and the other part a puzzle piece of mystery. The colors really go well together as well.
Geometric Tattoo On Sleeve
49. There is so much detail to this tattoo that it’s breathtaking. The design flows well together and there is a lot to catch the eye with.
50. A heart on the wrist created through blacked out shapes.
51. A male angel created entirely through symmetrical lines.
52. Both sides of the arm come together to create one unique design. The bold red just pops out alongside the other black and white tattoo.
53. A circular tattoo full of intricate designs. It’s great one for someone looking for a small tattoo.
54. A flower and a triangle combined. It’s a unique black and white look.
55. If you are looking for a sleeve tattoo then why not consider the geometry shape version of it. Throughout different areas of the arms there is a separate yet completely harmonious design that complements the one before it. There is so much detail to this tattoo that you can’t help but want to investigate it. There isn’t even any need for color in this tattoo though you could certainly make it pop with some vibrant colors.
56. Triangles and lines brought together; a simple tattoo.
57. This tattoo is all about bringing many shapes together perfectly. The color is also an added touch.
58. A very small geometry tattoo that doesn’t take up a lot of space.
59. A rather large tattoo this one brings many different designs together in perfect harmony.
60. A very small and delicate looking tattoo. They used very thins lines which makes it look whimsical.
61. These geometric shapes cover the entire lower part of the body. There are many different sections each one showing incredible attention to detail.
62. Another geometric sleeve, this black and white look brings a whole lot of balance to the design.
63. I love this puzzle-like design. It covers a large part of the body and each individual design moves in symmetry through to the next design. You could keep it as a black and white or add some vibrant colors to it.
64. If you are looking for a back tattoo this might be the one for you. it’s a huge design but one side of the body is different from the other but they both come together in perfect harmony.
65. This is a great example of a tattoo that is perfect in design. There are no flaws wit the dots or lines so you get a tattoo that is complete and without flaw.
66. Here we have a series of triangle brought together to make their own design.
67. This geometric design is composed of just lines but it’s creation is perfect. There is nothing “off” about the design. Its simple yet delicate in nature. If you want a subtle geometry tattoo then this is the one for you.
68. this cube tattoo is almost a puzzle. One side has blacked in areas that make white cubes pop out. White the other side has the cubes blacked out. Bringing the arms together the puzzle completes itself and you have a truly unique look to work with.
69. These may be cats or they may be foxes, it’s hard to tell but if a simple animal is what you are looking for this is an adorable alternative to most. They are small enough to put on your writs or ankles or hidden away.
70. Another star tattoo that show a symbol through the creation of shapes interlocking together. If you want something small but with a lot of detail to it then this could be the tattoo for you. The lines are thin so it keeps the overall look delicate in nature.
71. This roaring lion is an extraordinary design. We have a fierce animal roaring out in various shapes and symbols. the lines are kept thin but the shapes bring about more depth to the design. This is a great example of combining an animal and geometric shapes together to have on hell of a great tattoo.
If you are looking for a great tattoo that have some form of geometry symbolism to it then these are some really great choices.